Monday, February 23, 2009

Composition in Pure Movement

I am a person far from dancing or composing music or any such thing, but I do, in fact, like this writer's perspective of creating dances. She does not have a set rythym or technique of dance, she just "goes with the flow." I like that because even though I know close to nothing about dance and choreograph, I still think it is cool how she does things on her own and doesn't follow the norm. I think the world tends to be a boring place when everything we do follows the rules and has a set form of doing things, so when a person like this comes along and talks about how she just lets her body flow with the music and the right moves will come to her, I think that is something very special. I think it is very special how she makes each dance separate and unique from one another. I like how she says most dances you can feel an emotion, such as grief, sadness, or happiness, but with hers, it is just a free-flowing movement. Something that has feeling, but no certain emotion attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment