Monday, February 9, 2009

Composing a Symphony

Everything comes from inspiration. Whether it be a painting, a workout plan, a poem, or a music composition. So, when composing a symphony, it takes lots of inspiration and time. Like our previous readings said, only good articles come from automatic inspiration and not over time. I disagree with that. When I have a paper due or some kind of project, I try to think about it from the minute the professor tells us about it. In doing that, I am trying to think of something to write about, searching for any kind of inspiration i can. Therefore, inspiration is something that comes and goes. I can't just sit down and write or compose a project or anything of that sort. I need time to brainstorm ideas and throw out the bad ones. That is exactly the point Tchaikovsky is trying to get across. Don't rush things, just let them come to you as they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment