Thursday, January 15, 2009

Albert Einstein "Letter to Jacques Hadamard"

I found that this article was pretty deep and kind of complex; especially since I do not read too much at all about Albert Einstein or any old time figures such as himself. Although, I will give it a shot.

My idea of this article was basically that Albert Einstein was replying to a man, Jacques Hadamard, about some questions he had imposed on Albert. Trying to explain at first, that his answers may not be exactly what he might want, so to keep asking if he wanted more detail or more relevant answers.

I found much of this article to be very psychological. I also found that it played with my mind and made me really think about what he was talking about. At first, I thought he was explaining a type of math concept or logical concept. Then, as I read on, I realized not only was he talking about concepts, he was talking about language and words. Why words are what they are and why they mean what they mean. Many words have secondary meanings, which is another point i believe he is trying to point out.

I may not have caught the whole point of the story, but as I think we can all agree, the writing is quite deep and very complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment