Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Composition

My composition is based on the outside world. Many things you don't even realize are there while you're walking down the sidewalk or laying in the sun. After the first day of composing our music, I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do for mine. I have another class after Creativity, so as I was walking to my other class, I heard the wind. I was like, "Hmm, it's pretty windy outside today." Then, I thought, "Oh my gosh! That's perfect! I am going to do my composition on outside, seeing as how I LOVE to be outside!" So, that's basically how I came up with my theme. Now, for the actual composition. I just used clip art for each instrument, I tried to get a picture of the actual instrument each person would be using. I put them in order from left to right, as you would read a book. My instruments are as follows: wind-throughout the entire piece, pants-rustling sound of clothes from people walking by, ball-people playing in a park, horn-cars driving by honking their horns, classroom lights-clouds covering up the sun and coming back out again, classroom door opening and shutting-car doors and building doors slamming shut, classroom desks-swing sets, cell phone music-cars driving by with music blaring, rollerblade-people rollerblading or long boarding, large paper holder (paper clip)-school bell ringing, dog-dogs barking, hammer with nail (originally planned on having a drill)-construction, everyone in classroom laughing or talking-background noise as your walking down the street of people laughing and talking, keys-keys on a backpack jingling, rubber bands-birds chirping, water bottles-nearby rivers flowing, pens-squirrels and rabbits making noises, people stomping their feet-people walking on side walks. It is a piece for the whole class, each person can have a role. I decided to do this theme because it is autobiographical because I love to be outside and do various activities outside. Hope you all enjoy. (It will not let me upload my score.)

No comments:

Post a Comment