Monday, March 23, 2009

The Lives of Others

This movie is AWESOME! I loved this movie, I saw it fall semester for one of my German classes during the German International Film Series and I thought it was so cool. It is just so interesting and sad, the things that they did during the separation of East and West Germany. How the Stasi bugged peoples' homes and spied on them for months and even years in this case. I felt bad for Christa because she thought she was ratting her husband out, but really Wiesler hid it and "saved" Georg. One of my favorite parts was when Georg said, "I'm sorry." to Christa and she didn't know what he was talking about and really he was talking about getting her into all of this mess. I think Wiesler, like we mentioned in class, didn't know what passion and love was until he was spying on this couple and then he felt it and didn't want to ruin what they had and so he began to cover some of their flaws and things that could have gotten them in trouble with the Stasi. My most favorite part was at the end when he went into the book store and opened up the book and saw it was dedicated to him. I thought that was so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment