Monday, March 23, 2009

The Composer and His Message

Basically, I think that music is a way for expressing one's emotions or feelings. I think that many musicians these days write songs and sing songs that have to do with the personal lives, especially the past. Those are the songs I find the most intriguing because it's like you get a back stage pass into their past, and sometimes even their present. So I find that composer's write for themselves a lot, and not for their fans. Although, some do write just for the fans, I believe the best music comes from their heart. So, I do agree, that composition, if you are writing for yourself, can be one of the simplest things in the world. But if you are writing for somebody else, or your fans, it can be much tougher.

My favorite part of this little article was the very last line written in German saying, "Emotion is fit only for women-for man, music must strike fire from his mind." I thought that was very cool because women are much more emotional then men, most of the time. And for men, a lot of times they just go at whatever they are doing with all their heart and all their strength. So that is what I made from that last sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment